New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program is a government immigration program that selects applicants who demonstrate they have the potential and the desire to immigrate and settle themselves and their families in the Canadian province of New Brunswick.
Under the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, you may qualify under one of the following two streams:
- Skilled Workers
- Skilled Worker with Employer Support
- Skilled Worker with Family Support
- Business Applicants
Skilled workers are considered under two streams. As a skilled worker you must have either a guaranteed offer or a family supporter in New Brunswick.
Skilled Worker with Employer Support
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they will settle permanently in New Brunswick, they must score at least 50 points on a self-assessment (age, education, experience, language ability, and adaptability), and they must have a New Brunswick job offer from an employer who:
- Has been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Is offering full time, permanent position; and
- Offers compensation consistent with regional wages and existing collective bargaining agreements.
Since you need a job in order to apply under the Skilled Workers Stream, we invite you to start your job search with our free Canada Job Search Tool
Skilled Worker with Family Support
This program enables citizens and permanent residents of New Brunswick who have been living in the province for a at least one year to assist family members to settle in New Brunswick.
The applicant is assessed on an offer of full time employment or employment skills based on education and training, language skills, work experience, age and ability to adapt to New Brunswick, surrounded by a supportive family.
The Supporter (New Brunswick Family Member) is assessed on their commitment to the immigration process and the successful settlement of their family member. The Supporter's connection to New Brunswick will also be considered.
To qualify as a New Brunswick Business Nominee, the applicant must be willing to establish a business in New Bruswick, must score at least 50 points on a self-assessment (age, education, business experience, language ability, and adaptability).
Eligibility requirements for Business Applicants:
- You will demonstrate business management experience as an owner or senior manager.
- You will provide strong evidence that you will live in New Brunswick with your dependents, establish a business in New Brunswick and assume an active managerial role in the business.
- You will visit New Brunswick for a period of no less than five business days, to conduct extensive research and complete an interview with an Immigration Program Officer.
- Your business plan or business proposal must be of economic benefit to New Brunswick, and must be approved by an Immigration Officer.
- You will provide a verified personal net worth (value of total assets, less the value of total liabilities) of at least CDN $300,000.00.
- You will make a minimum investment of CDN $125,000.00.
- You must demonstrate knowledge of English and/or French.
- Prior to nomination you must make a CDN $75,000.00 conditionally refundable deposit.
For more information on New Brunswick PNP, see our New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program FAQ.
Learn more about province of New Brunswick