Quebec Investor Program
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program seeks to attract experienced business people to invest C$800,000 into Quebec's economy. Investors must:
- have at least two years of management experience in the past five years in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business, or for an international agency or a government;
- have a minimum net worth of C$1,600,000 that was obtained legally;
- make a C$800,000 investment (Financing is available);
The assessment will also take into account other factors such as age, the nature and duration of applicant's professional training and language skills.
Additionally, you must obtain at least 40 points according to the following selection factors in the Quebec investor points grid. The selection factors are:
|Education||Maximum 12 points|
|Experience||Maximum 10 points|
|Age||Maximum 10 points|
|French / English Languages||Maximum 22 points|
|Stay and family in Quebec||Maximum 8 points|
|Adaptability||Maximum 5 points|
|Investment Agreement||Maximum 25 points|
|Total||Maximum 92 points|
|Pass mark||40 points|
Applicants and their dependants must also undergo medical examinations and security clearances as part of the Canadian immigration application process.
When making your investment under this program, you can choose one of two options:
- Investment of C$800,000 of your own funds: You may choose to make an investment of C$800,000 of your own funds with the Government of Quebec. These funds will be returned to you in full without interest, about five years after payment; OR
- Payment of a financing fee of around C$180,000: You may choose to pay a one-time financing fee of around C$180,000 to a government-approved financial institution. This fee will not be returned to you. The financial institution will then make an investment with the government on your behalf, using their funds.